This past week on vacation of all places; we ended up with a brand new juicer! It’s the Breville BJE510XL Juice Fountain Multi-Speed 900-Watt Juicer. Our first I should I add. We knew we’ve always wanted to get into juicing but not sure how and would it even be good….But let me tell you within the past few days (I know its only seen a few fruits and veggies) But again, it is already life changing! Yes yes we know new year means new goals and workout plans. This might just be the jump we needed, not mention the treadmill we are currently looking into. Suggestions are welcome!
Ok so back to juicing. Do not be intimidated by it, like I was. Start off slow with a couple of really easy recipes. 2-3 ingredients max. In doing some research I have found a few really important things to remember. Below is a list that has already helped us out.
- Use the 80/20 rule: 80 percent veggies, 20 percent fruit. Obviously we don’t want to up our sugar intake!
- Best to do first thing in the morning: When you have an empty stomach your body will readily absorb anything you fuel it with. So if you’re fueling it with healthy veggies and fruits, you will be able to benefit all the nutrients from the fresh juice.
- Not everything can be juiced: Example things like avocado & banana don’t contain liquid inside so don’t bother. These will not extract a drop of juice. (but they can be added to any food processor/blender) I’ll include some recipes later with these added.
- Go Organic: Ok I know what you’re thinking, buying all this fresh produce can be an added expensive in it self, buuuuuuuuut, you will have the peace of mind knowing it won’t have any pesticide residue.
- Rotate your recipes: Even with vegetables, too much of a good thing is bad.
I’ll be back to update my juicing section as I try out more recipes.
Right now we have one we really love.
Rise & Shine
- 3 carrots
- 1 green apple
- 1 pear
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 inch ginger root
Now this ORANGE juice! Serve over ice or in a frosted mug. ENJOY!